Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Melbourne Adventure #1

First week in Melbourne! After 7 days...I'm finally getting more accustom to the place, where I'm staying, what's around the hotel, what to buy, what to eat! Here is my food adventure \\(^0^)//

I bought some sausages from the market...they are Lemon & Oregano flavour....no idea what is it but it sounds nice... below is the result of my cooking...no idea how to cook as well cuz the sausages are like minced meat stuffed into a tube of skin. Therefore if you cut it, the meat will all come dropping! Imagine my shock when I cut it before cooking the first time! This is my 2nd sausage and I've boiled it in the water until it was cook, ahh.. looks so much better! ( don't laugh!!! >.< ) Taste surprisingly good (^_^) and I've finally bought Soy sauce for my eggs!!! They actually sell Lee Kum Kee soy sauce for only AUD2.19!!!

Yesterday I went out with a friend that I just got to know here on 2nd day of Melbourne. She was craving for chinese so we went to this chinese restaurant called Tea House that is on Chapel street.


We sat by the window. That's a tram passing through.

The menu is really Chinese, we ordered the famous fried rice and a basket of chicken dumplings which turns out to be really good! Whats special is, I've order a hot eat that says "Strawberry Cream" in the menu. What comes to your mind??? Strawberry flavoured tea with some sort of cream/milk yeah? and guess what, this is how it looks like when it arrives.
OK there's no cream after all, it has a strong strawberry taste with a tad of sour, taste more like strawberry juice + tea, like it. Naturally it looks like a normal cup and I hold it up casually and take a sip from the lid (yellow arrow) and disaster!!! The HOT tea comes pouring out from the layer where the blue arrow is!!! I wet my pants~~~ (its HOT!!!) luckily I was wearing a black pants :p if not it'll probably will be a RED spot and...T.T *sad & embarrassed* After taking a good look at it... I actually DID take a good look at it when it is serve! I was thinking "strange cup" in my mind and then started drinking.. :p
Turns out that you have to remove this filter thingie before you start drinking.... =_=.......  
It's a fun day after all...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment