Monday, January 24, 2011

MCG - Melbourne Cricket Ground

A colleague manage to get a bunch of free tickets from his friend and so off we go to the MCG on Saturday night. I took the train to Richmond station...wasn't really sure where exactly but the MCG is pretty easy to find and a short walk away as most of the people who got of the station are heading to the same place. The match that I saw was interstate NSW vs VIC.... I had absolutely no idea on the cricket game...though there's one big stadium right in front of my house in Malaysia. Tonight.....I learned a new game! It was not so bored after all....learned the how the scoring is done, why they run / not run / hit the ball / not hitting the ball... it can get a bit slow at times if there's no scores going on. The game is counted by the number of RUNS that the player did...pretty interesting...I was there at 6pm but my colleague was late for an hour!!! waited and waited...and these are the photos...

Waiting in front of Gate 4

Birds are my companion

Still waiting @ Gate 4... bags are checked before you go in.. alcohol is not allowed

em....statue?
Finally we got in!!! Can't believe my old Nokia phone can take such great pics in the evening! We're lucky to have a seat pretty front..... there's a big screen in front and the guy you see on the left... he's pretty cute! lots of fans asked him to sign their shirt...cap...hand... etc.. though I don't know any of them.. but I know his name is Michael Hill! ^^ see I'm picking up! The game starts at 7pm and ends at around 10pm-ish...it's called Twenty20...meaning each team has 20 rounds.. there's 6 balls per round.....VIC lost that night....but it's a great experience for me! ^^

The Cricket Ground

No comments:

Post a Comment