Thursday, August 30, 2007

Improved Service

Today I went to the Immigration office in the old Subang airport to renew my passport. Much have been said about our government service industries, today I finally get a first hand experience myself. I would agree that yes, their services have definitely improved much compared to ten years ago. I still remember when I first followed mum to the Immigration Office to make a new passport.. It was so packed I have to stand in the line for ages and ages... then it took about 2 weeks to wait for the passport to be ready and collect. Today, I've done everything.. in ONE day.. let's say... maybe only half a day. I was there at about 9am, took number and 15 minutes later I'm at the counter getting my finger prints done. Half and hour later I was already at the cashier paying RM300 for the fees. Then I hanged out at the the nearest McDonald because they need to take 2 hours to complete your book. at 12pm I'm back at the Immigration office and voila! My passport is done! cool! I can head back to work then.....sigh....
Overall, it was good actually.. comparing to the hours of sweat and stress that we use to have when the thought of making a passport comes to mind.

However, I still think there are some improvements that need to be made:

1. There are not enough signage and information visible enough for the public on what you should prepare and which counter you should go to take your number etc. Yeah, there ARE some signs and papers sticking on the wall explaining some of the information, but they're dark and the papers/posters are dirty. Malaysia... we should uphold our country's image as a nation that is clean and systematic and this should be shown especially in our
government industries as they directly represent us.
2. Toilets! Need I say more...
3. Service with a SMILE and politeness. "Eh.. you pergi sana take photo! then balik cari I!"
In order to improve our image.. we should use at least proper English / Bahasa Malaysia.

Besides the above, I guess the overall rating would be good (^_^) keep it up Malaysians!
Oh ya! Happy Independence Day, Malaysia! MERDEKA!

I'm going to Putrajaya to watch the fireworks tonight~~ hopefully the traffic won't be too congested.. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment